Once you’ve figured out how to be approachable
and you’re aware of all the opportunities to meet singles
, it’s time to do something. Don’t worry. You don’t have to make grand gestures or come up with witty lines. The best flirt strategy is to just keep it simple. Drop a hint. Here’s how.
Get Caught Looking
Before you approach someone, it helps to let the person know
you’re interested. An easy way to do that is to get caught looking.
Just glance his way a couple times. When you catch his eye, smile.
This doesn’t mean you should get super creepy and stare someone down. The idea is to look his way a few times. Once you get caught looking, smile and turn back to whatever you were doing. Hopefully, he’ll get the hint.
Doing that will let him know you are approachable, friendly and most likely interested in him. That will make him feel good. As a result, he will probably feel more comfortable when you initiate a conversation.
Smile and say, “Hi”
For all of you who are firm believers that a man should approach you first, that’s fine. You don’t have to walk up to him and propose on the spot. Just smile and say, “Hi.” A simple, “Hi,” can go a long way to letting someone know you might like to say more.
If the idea of saying, “Hi,” makes you nervous, try not to take it too seriously
. Know that replying with a “Hi” is almost a reflex response. Nine out of 10 times, he will respond positively. And if he doesn’t, don’t take it personally
Someone not responding or responding rudely to a kind greeting is not about you. It’s about them. And you do not want to date someone who is unkind or rude. If someone responds negatively to you, thank the universe for showing you who he is right away so that you can move on.
Ask a Question
Asking someone a question is an easy way to start a conversation. It doesn’t even matter what the question is. It could be, “Do you know what time it is?” or “Did you hear that weird noise?”
If you’re in a store, ask, “What do you think of this laundry detergent? Have you ever used it?”
Ask any question that will elicit a response. The goal is to make small talk
Give a Compliment
is a smart way to break the ice. Find something you truly like about that person and tell them. Say, “I love your shirt,” or “That’s a great watch. Where did you get it?” You will immediately disarm the person you’re attempting to charm. And they’ll realize you may be giving them more than a compliment.
But stay away from compliments on looks such as, “You’re gorgeous,” or “I love your eyes.” Even though those statements may be true, chances are, after they come out of your mouth, you may blush. Blushing leads to jitters
and well, you know what comes next. Compliment something he chose not something he is.
Drop a Hint Dares
1. Go to Whole Foods on a Saturday morning and order a coffee and bagel from the bakery. Then look around you. You may be surprised how many other singles you see. Smile and say, “Good morning,” to the guy next to you in line. Then ask what he’s ordering.
2. At the carwash, don’t play Words with Friends until your car is done. Say, “Hello,” to the guy next you and mention what a beautiful day it is.
3. When you sit next to an attractive stranger on the subway, smile and say, “Headed home?”
4. When you’re out shopping and spot a cute guy in the mall, say, “I love your shirt. Where did you get it? I’d love to get something like it for my brother for his birthday.” (Mention your brother so the guy doesn’t assume you’re shopping for a boyfriend.)
5. While you wait for your girlfriend to meet you for dinner, have a seat at the bar. Ask the guy next to you if he has any suggestions about what to order for dinner.
These are just a few dares you can do to work your routine
to work your Fantasy Dating game
. Remember, the game is on everywhere you go! So, keep an eye out for singles, be approachable and don’t miss connections
What about you? How do you a drop a hint to let someone know you’re interested?