Cons of Dating an Independent WomanWe’re not an easy bunch to deal with, I’ll be the first to admit it. It takes a guy with extreme patience, and extreme balls, to handle dating an independent woman. • You will be left out…sometimes! This isn’t a conscious choice—we’re just not used to including others in our decisions or plans, not at first anyway.
• We need our space. This is more so in the beginning, but it’s true even years into a relationship. While years down the road we may not need as much space, we still require a fair amount of time away from the person we are dating/married to.
• We don’t trust easily. This may or may not have anything to do with past events or relationships, but just understand it’s how we’re built. If we do trust you, cherish that gift and don’t blow it! If you fuck it up, we are unlikely to put our trust in your again.
• We tend to be stubborn. We are so used to being in control of our entire life (for the most part) that we find it hard to let others be part of the planning and/or decision making process.
• We’re very blunt. We don’t have the time or energy to waste on bullshit. We call it like we see it, don’t beat around the bush and are blatantly honest.
• We don’t back down. All couples fight, but a strong woman will expect you to fight back and not just tuck your tail, say ‘Yes Dear’, and walk away. Screw that! We’re tough and we don’t back down, but we don’t want you to back down either. We want to know that you see us as an equal and that you respect us enough to argue back. Plus, with all of that passion…just think how hot the sex will be (put that in the pros column!)!!
• We won’t let you do things for us. Listen guys, we’re not damsels in distress or princesses who need saving. We’re fucking queens, OK, we can handle this shit! We are so used to doing everything for ourselves, that even if we know you can do it better than we can, we will not ask for help and we will not accept help. Eventually, over time, as we learn to trust you we will ssslllooooooowly start to accept help. Remember, I said slowly.
Pros of Dating an Independent WomanOK, so far dating an independent woman sounds about as fun as getting a root canal on your birthday, doesn’t it? But dating a woman like this has an up side, I promise! • We’re passionate—not just about our goals, but yours as well. This passion extends beyond goals and ambitions into relationships, too. Once we let you inside and really open up, you’ll see the true depths of our passion, from the boardroom to the bedroom and beyond!
• Our hunger for adventure will challenge and inspire you. We have a “live life or die trying” kind of attitude. Carpe Diem, YOLO, and all that shit. We tend to grab life by the balls and enjoy every minute of the ride.
• When we love, we do it like we do everything else—fiercely! No holds bar. Passionate. Powerful.
• We are unforgettable! I promise you this—whether you simply date her or you end up marrying her, being with a strong, independent woman will change your life in a way that you will never forget. The most important thing to remember when dating such a fearsome creature is this—we don’t need you, we want you. If you are someone who is strong, independent, ambitious and intelligent, wouldn’t it be nice to know that the woman standing by your side matches those traits? I can guarantee that as much as we will drive you crazy and try your patience, you will also never be happier than you are when dating an independent woman. We live life to the fullest, always striving to make the best of it. We love deeply, live fully and you won’t find anyone more loyal or trustworthy. We are motivated and will also motivate you to be the best possible you. So, the next time you come across a strong, ambitious, independent woman, ask her out! If she accepts, strap on your seat belt, sir, and enjoy the ride! I assure you, it will be the ride of your life. Boston Single Girl says she’s just a single girl in Boston; working, living, dating and writing about it all! The stories are real, but the names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent. The content is raw, but that’s how she rolls. For more badass wisdom, check out her her website, and follow her on Twitter.